My brother loves green, his wife loves pink. They used the two colors for their wedding and now they are expecting a second precious little girl, Avery Lynn, into their family in March. I got the opportunity to do some design shopping with the two of them this last week and we came up with some inspiration for the room Avery will share with her proud big sister Bailey. Rather than sticking to a specific theme, we stuck to a color block inspiration of Pink, Lime Green, and Raspberry with black and white accents. My sister in law wants to be able to incorporate her love for Disney in the room too, with Bailey’s copious amount of Disney Princess and Tinkerbell toys as well as Retro Minnie Mouse items for Avery. The biggest hurdle is that the crib we picked out is not a full size, but a mini crib, so we are limited to bedding sets sized to fit. We happened upon a perfect one by Lambs and Ivy in a small Baby & Youth furniture retailer in my hometown who also carries the diaper bag Amy liked by Ju Ju Ju Be.
- Modern Circles Twin Bed Set by Jojo Designs (top left)
- Retro Minnie Mouse Collection by Kidsline (top center)
- Doodle Rug in Black, Lime, and Raspberry by InterDesign (middle left)
- Pink and Lime Circle Wall Decals by Wall Decor Plus More (middle center)
- Raspberry Swirl Mini Crib Set by Lambs & Ivy (bottom left)
- Ju Ju Be Packabe Diaper Bag in Shadow Waltz (bottom center)
- Pink Sheer Flocked Dot Window Panel at Target (bottom right)
I plan to make some cute DIY pieces to match this color scheme such as a minky quilt, fabric covered drawer pulls (with a black and white print like the diaper bag), a dress up bin/stand, and a tutu bow holder. Maybe Amy will post some pictures once the room is complete.